Research to assist in oral health workforce planning
OHWRC is engaged in a number of research projects aimed to assess the current oral health workforce and the delivery of oral health services in the US, and to assist federal and state policy makers in future oral health workforce planning.
Current research projects include:
- Conducting a Consumer Survey focused on Barriers and Facilitators of Access to Oral Health Services
- Administering a National Study of the Practice Characteristics of Women in Dentistry and Potential Impacts on Access to Care for Underserved Communities
- Exploring the Impacts of Dental Post-Graduate Residency Training on Choice of Practice Setting
- Conducting a Series of Case Studies to Identify Strategies Used by Federally Qualified Health Centers to Integrate Oral Health and Substance Abuse/Behavioral Health Services
- Researching trends in the provision of oral health services by FQHCs and identifying contributing factors